The Driving Test - what you need to know
On the day of your driving test, you can choose with Phil if you would like to have an hour and steady the nerves with a few manoeuvres or have just enough time to drive to the test centre.
What happens during the test?
- The total time of the test lasts between 38 and 40 minutes;
- You will arrive at the test centre within 10 minutes of your test time;
- You will meet the examiner, sign your name and they will check your documents and identity;
- You will be asked if you want Phil to sit in the back and observe. Phil will discuss this with you before the day so you can make a decision that suits you;
- You will have an eyesight check where you will read a number plate around five car lengths away;
- You will answer the "tell me" vehicle safety question.
Make sure you bring your photo card driving licence with you. Plus the theory test pass certificate however is it not usually required.to find out more information regarding the "show me, tell me" questions.
The driving part of the test consists:
- Taking in a variety of road and traffic conditions around Leighton Buzzard;
- Following the road ahead unless traffic signs or road markings direct you otherwise;
- The examiner will ask you turn left or right in plenty of time;
- Normal stops, an angle start (pulling out from behind a parked vehicle) and a hill start;
- One manoeuvre (either pull up on the right reverse, forward bay park in a public carpark, parallel park or reverse bay park at the test centre);
- Possibly an emergency stop;
- Twenty minutes of independent driving, either following a Sat Nav or following road signs;
- Answer the "show me" vehicle safety question.
You will find out whether you have passed or failed when you return back to the test centre and gain feedback of your drive.
If Phil have not been sat in the back of the car observing, he will be present at the end to hear the result and feedback.
You will pass the test if you have:
- 15 or fewer driving faults;
- no serious or dangerous faults.
Remember the test fee is £62. There are many bogus websites costing you more. Phil can take the hassle out of booking a test and do it for you.
Phil regularly looks for earlier date cancellations ensuring a time and date suitable for both of you if needed.